Sep 15, 2026

Drawing around Höchst and Nidda river

 In early Summer I was lucky to meet a small group of outdoors painters gathering around the Nidda river. 

It was a lovely warm morning and I was able to make two pleinair watercolors: a smaller one in a very sucker watercolor paper (which made a bit crazy),  and an A4 in a much easier Canson paper. I  was again lucky to use the watercolor palette from Jelena, the organisator, after realizing I left mine at home! (this kind of thing happens...)

I enjoyed painting the second one so much, not only because of the more predictable paper but because of the scene..sitting in the rivershore smelling the water mint, hearing the voices of the young people, plenty of life and joy defying the cold water and the mysterious place. So ancient, so bucolic, as the people hundred of years ago have been enjoying the hot summer days.. Exactly like this. In the pure, beautiful nature. 


Let me laugh about all those screenlinks and gadgets and silly perishable distractions. Those don't leave a trace. Those don't make you hang and love our lives...

We are getting so lost and disconected, this poor, poor Humanity, less and less human! Where are we going?

----

Thoughts apart.

 Since last Friday the 11th September is taking place a small exhibition in a cosy space with some of the works painted around Nidda and Höchst.

HERE:

From Fr.11.09 bis Fr.02.10 

Kunstraum "Westkunst Frankfurt Nied"

Bolongarostr. 137
 
65929 Frankfurt am Main West


These are my four displayed drawings:






 

 

 

No comments: